Detailed text of the above PDF follows.
Full-Time Associate Pastor
Epworth Chapel on the Green
6110 W. Northview Street
Boise, ID 83713
Epworth Chapel on the green is a small, well-educated congregation of mixed church backgrounds. It was founded in 1999 as a non-denominational liturgical church. Throughout its history, Epworth has always brought together Wesleyan doctrine with Anglican worship and has just this year affiliated with the Free Methodist Church. The congregation is on track for full Free Methodist membership. Through sacred worship, holy living, evangelism, discipleship, and service Epworth seeks to enable all persons to reach their highest aspirations toward truth, beauty, and goodness. The congregation is led in active participation of prayers, singing of hymns, and partaking of holy communion, as we follow the life of Christ through the church calendar. Epworth seeks to make liturgy accessible to all who attend. Looking to the future, Epworth Chapel is moving towards full membership with the FMC, starting a second “liturgy light” service, church planting, co-ministry opportunities with the local FMC Congolese congregation, and building a new space that will include offices, the church library, classrooms, and gathering space.
Whether there is sun or snow, the city is a fantastic refuge for outdoor enthusiasts yearning for city conveniences. During the summer, Boise’s proximity to nature allows residents to enjoy activities such as floating down the Boise River or hiking in the mountains. Winter activities are merely a 15-minute drive away on the Bogus Basin slopes during the winter months.
The description of key tasks below is a list of shared responsibilities between the existing senior pastor and the new associate. The exact division of these roles will depend on the gifting of the selected candidate and could likely change over time as Epworth takes on new areas of ministry.
Key Job Responsibilities Shared by Senior and Associate Pastor:
- Adhere to the purpose, doctrine and articles of faith of the
- Responsible for the worship services of the Church
- Follow the
- Preach the Gospel and administer the
- Provide leadership in developing other worship opportunities and services, as
- Assist the church in reaching out to and welcoming members of the community
- Model and encourage the development of ministries of hospitality, welcoming all sorts and conditions of people into the Church.
- Equip the laity to proclaim by word and example the good news of God in Christ and to extend pastoral care toone another.
- Oversee the care of individuals and
- Offer spiritual counsel and guidance for the
- Make referrals for counseling and other
- Supervise the organist, cantors, liturgists and
- Monitor and supervise other ministries (e.g. children, education, )
- Collaborate with the Board to fulfill the work of the
- Schedule necessary time for personal study, preparation and planning in order to develop and maintain a deep level of spiritual growth.
- Preside at meetings of the church board (senior pastor).
- Serve as corporate president for the Church (senior pastor).
- Fulfill such other responsibilities as may be assigned or directed by the Church board from time to time.
Commensurate with Experience
Parsonage available or housing allowance
FMC retirement program
Partial medical insurance offset