Momentum Leadership Initiative is a nine (9) month cohort of emerging leaders in The River Conference that seeks to equip pastors and lay leaders by:
- Providing leadership theory and its application to a variety of ministry settings.
- Understanding Emotional and Cultural Intelligence in leadership development
- Understanding Spiritual formative practices as the foundation of all leadership
- Leadership role in ministry in a local Free Methodist Church, Free Methodist Church plant, or Free Methodist Affiliated church within the River Conference.
- Consideration or participation in the denominational credentialing system.
- A letter of support from the lead Pastor of your church or District Leader if you are the lead pastor.
- Nine (9) months
- Meets Monthly – eight (8) months Via Zoom for 2hours
- One eight (8) hours in person retreat
Calling and Mission
Reading: The entire gospel of Mark
Reading: The Emotional Intelligence of Jesus: Relational Smarts for Religious Leaders by Roy M Oswald and Orland Jacobson, Rowan & Littlefield Publishers, 2015, ISBN-13: 978-1566997805
Disciplines of a kingdom leader
Reading: Celebration of Discipline, Special Anniversary Edition: The Path to Spiritual Growth, Richard J Forster, HarperOne, 2018, ISBN-13: 978-0062803887
Free Methodist leadership Distinctives
Love Driven Justice
Reading: Beyond Welcome, Karen Gonzalez, Brazos Press, 2022, ISBN-13: 978-1587435607
Reading: ReJesus: Remaking the Church in Our Founder’s Image [Revised & Updated Edition] by Michael Frost & Alan Hirsch, 100 Movements Publishing, 2022, ISBN: 978-1955142137
Reading: Dynamite Prayer: A 28 Day Experiment, Rosario Picardo & Sue Nilson Kibbey, Invite Press, 2022, ISBN-13: 978-1953495365
Reading: The Deeply Formed Life: Five Transformative Values to Root Us in the Way of Jesus, Rich Villodas, WaterBrook, 2021, ISBN: 978-0525654407
Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory by Tod E Bolsinger, IVP Books, 2018, ISBN-13: 978-0830841264
Embracing Rhythms of Work and Rest: From Sabbath to Sabbatical by Ruth Haley Barton, IVPress, 2022, ISBN: 978-1514002636
Leading Together: The Holy Possibility of Harmony and Synergy in the Face of Change by Bryan D. Sims, 100 Movements Publishing, 2022, ISBN-13: 978-1955142120
Tempered Resilience: How Leaders Are Formed in the Crucible of Change by Tod E Bolsinger, IVP Books, 2020, ISBN-13: 978-0830841646
Use este formulario para firmar el Formulario de Acoso Sexual y envíe su Certificado de capacitación en línea de Brotherhood Mutual.