Momentum Leadership Initiative 2024
Momentum Leadership initiative is a one (1) yearlong cohort of young leaders in the River Conference that seeks to equip pastors and lay leaders by:
- Providing leadership theory and its application to a variety of ministry settings.
- Understanding Emotional and Cultural Intelligence in leadership development
- Understanding Spiritual formative practices as the foundation of all leadership
Meets monthly via zoom for 2hours for 9 months. One eight (8) hour retreat, in person.
- Leadership role in ministry in a local Free Methodist Church, Free Methodist Church plant, or Free Methodist Affiliated church within the River Conference.
- Consideration or participation in the denominational credentialing system.
- A letter of support from the lead Pastor of your church or District Leader if you are the lead pastor.
|January||Calling and Mission||
Reading: The entire gospel of Mark in at least 2 of the following versions:
CEB, NRSV, FNV, Scot Mcknight, NLT.
|February||Disciplines of a kingdom leader||Reading: The well Formed Life (Villodas)|
|March||Healthy Leaders||Reading: The Vulnerable Pastor (Smith)|
|April||Prayer Intensive||Prayer Initiative Retreat – Emmanuel Pines Camp (Prescott, Az)|
|May||Team Leadership||Reading: Leading Together (Sims)|
|June||Free Methodist leadership Distinctives||Reading: Free Methodist Way on www.FMCUSA.org|
|August||Love Driven Justice||Reading: Beyond Immigration (Gonzalez)|
|September||Church Health||Reading: Metanoia (Hirsch and Kelly)|
|October||Discipleship||Reading: Ordinary discipleship (Cruickshank)|
|November||Trauma-informed Pastoral Care||Reading: The Lord is my Courage (Ramsey)|
Canoeing the Mountains: Christian Leadership in Uncharted Territory by Tod E Bolsinger, IVP Books, 2018, ISBN-13: 978-0830841264
Embracing Rhythms of Work and Rest: From Sabbath to Sabbatical by Ruth Haley Barton, IVPress, 2022, ISBN: 978-1514002636
Leading Together: The Holy Possibility of Harmony and Synergy in the Face of Change by Bryan D. Sims, 100 Movements Publishing, 2022, ISBN-13: 978-1955142120
Tempered Resilience: How Leaders Are Formed in the Crucible of Change by Tod E Bolsinger, IVP Books, 2020, ISBN-13: 978-0830841646