Detailed text of the above PDF follows.
Appointed Full-time Pastor
12 Crestview Dr, PO Box 1507, Angel Fire, NM 87710
Village Church, a dynamic, Spirit-filled church located in Angel Fire, NM is seeking a full-time lead pastor after its founding pastor resigned in June 2023. On any given Sunday morning, 30 to 80 people engage in Spirit-filled worship. The membership consists of full-time residents, 9 to10 month residents, and numerous vacationing families. Village church has experienced significant and consistent growth over its 6 year history. The current worship space is rented – not uncommon in the valley due to real estate costs associated with a resort community. The Local Board of Administration is spiritually mature and consists of a diverse number of community leaders. The Church is financially stable and has been debt free. It is purchasing a home to serve as a parsonage for its next pastor. Currently, the church employs a children and youth minister and a custodian.
- Spirit-filled Sunday worship.
- Vibrant Small Group Ministry.
- Active childrens and youth ministries.
- Collaborates with the Moreno Valley Ministerial Group in hosting a community-wide Vacation Bible School.
- Supports a local food and clothing pantry to provide for those in need.
THE COMMUNITY / CONTEXT:
Angel Fire NM is located in the Moreno Valley that includes the cities of Eagle Nest, Angel Fire, and Black Lake. Angel Fire is located 4 hours from Colorado Springs CO, 2 hours from Santa Fe NM, and 1 hour from Taos NM (closest hospital and primary care doctors).
Angel Fire is the home of Angel Fire Resort – skiing in the winter, mountain biking in the summer, gold course, RV park, etc. Angel Fire’s resident population is a little over 1100, with significant enlargement during resort seasons. Its resident population does have ethnic diversity with over 10% of its resident of Latino heritage. It is a unique mountain town with 1 grocery store, 2 gas stations, 2 banks, several ski / mountain biking shops, several restaurants with limited operations based on seasons, lumber yard, hardware store, 2 “dollar” stores. Angel Fire has cold, snowy winters but very mild summers. It is a highly desired vacation location.
PASTORAL GIFTS AND GRACES OF THE NEXT PASTOR:
- Biblical Preaching / Teaching.
- Outgoing personality that can engage the community, community leaders, and other church leaders.
- Organizational skills that express the Mission, values and importance of the Free Methodist church connection.
- Continuing the discipleship focus through small groups and one-on-one connections.
- Enjoy the unique nature of a mountain town and its diverse outdoor opportunities.
- Worship leading / musician skills would be helpful.
- Is a full-time ministry position.
- Parsonage or Housing Allowance.
- Discretionary Ministry Allowance (purchase Angel Fire Resort membership)
- Partial Medical Insurance offset
- Reimbursable Expenses Allowance based on receipts.
- FMC Retirement.
Rev Dr Michael Traylor, Superintendent
Rev Mark W Douglas, Assistant Superintendent