Information for Churches seeking to join The River Conference (TRC) of the Free Methodist Church (FMC)
Welcome to the River Conference of the FMCUSA information page for churches seeking Affiliation. We have collected links to some of the most commonly requested information below, including doctrinal positions, denominational organization, and contact information.
We (The River Conference – TRC) have developed a process to help churches interested in affiliating with TRC.
- The typical process (adjusts based on context)
- Church contacts FMC or TRC about affiliating
- Assistant Superintendent sends a standard email with a link to TRC affiliation page
- The church schedules a ZOOM meeting that includes the pastor/s and key lay leadership.
- The church continues to discern if the TRC / FMC is where they affiliate.
- The church schedules a site visit weekend with the Superintendency.
- The weekend schedule:
Friday – Travel Day
Saturday – Meet with the Pastors and lay leadership for dinner and a question and answer (Q&A).
Sunday – Superintendency preaches
Sunday – All Church Gathering for Q&A
- The church informs the TRC / FMC of their decision regarding affiliating.
- If the church desires to affiliate, the superintendency develops a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- The church begins the establish time of affiliation (from the MOU)
- After a time of affiliation the church becomes a Society, based on the details outlined in the MOU
Find out more about the Free Methodist Church USA.
Position Papers of the Free Methodist Church
A Contemporary FMC Understanding of and Approach to Problems of Secrecy, and Our Desire to Live Relationally in Christlike Harmony.
The Free Methodist Church on the Use of Alcohol
Affiliation with the Free Methodist Church – USA