Pastoral leadership is stressful. Counseling is helpful in developing strategies to thrive in stressful situations.
The River Conference Wellness Panel is a group of licensed professionals that exist to encourage and provide confidential counseling to Pastors of the River Conference and promote holistic wellbeing.
“Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers, they succeed.” Proverbs 15:22 NIV
“For every matter has its time and way, although the troubles of mortals lie heavy upon them.” Ecclesiastes 8:6-7 NRSV
One dimension of the Wellness Panel is confidential counseling for Pastors who request assistance. Currently, we have counseling services available in English and Spanish. We hope to offer a therapist who speaks Swahili in the near future.
- Complete the intake form below. Answering these questions helps the Wellness Panel understand how best to support you and connect you to appropriate care.
- The intake form is confidentially routed to a member of our Wellness Panel who will then contact you to set up counseling via zoom. We prioritize your request and aim to respond within (48/72) hours.
- Appointments are made through the River Conference website.
- The River Conference will subsidize the cost of three counseling sessions to any River Conference Pastor.
- If on-going counseling or resources are needed, the River Conference will work with the therapist to provide affordable counseling on a case-by-case basis.
***Please note that the Wellness Panel is not designed to respond to immediate crisis needs. If you are in crisis and need support NOW, please reach out to one of these resources:
24-hour access to immediate, confidential, and free support. (Talking with someone about your thoughts and feeling can save your life).
- National Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Call 1-800-273-8255
- Text 741741
- National Hope line Hotline for Veterans
- 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Helpline
- 211 (call or text) United Way *business hours apply
- Get access to local resources like assistance with food or paying bills. Healthcare and mental health or substance use treatment.
- Nacional de Prevencio del Suicidio
- La Linea Nacional de Ayuda de SAMHSA
- Connects you to a local resource in your residential area
- 211 (call or text) United Way * business hours apply
Options for Hard of Hearing or Deaf
- TTY Users: Use your preferred relay service
- Dial 711 then 1-800-273-8255.
Please complete the Wellness Intake Form
Wellness Intake Form
Future links: access to virtual Wellness Panel education seminars. i.e.: Foundations of holistic wellness: mental health, relationship care, and financial.